Organisation - September 1, 2005

Fire was steam

One of the occupants of the Dijkgraaf student flat building returned to a very damp room at the end of last weekend. Other students on the corridor called the fire brigade at seven o’clock on Monday morning 29 August because they thought they saw smoke coming from under the locked door. Firemen broke down the door to find a room full of steam, not smoke. All they needed to do was to turn off the hot-water tap in the basin. It had probably been turned on for the whole weekend. Fortunately the plug was not in the basin so there was no water damage, but the whole room had steamed up. / YdH

Re:act