210 search results within the English content of this site
- Natural antibodies make laying hens robust
- New professor studies arboviruses
- The fish detective
- Guinea pigs can cause pneumonia
- ‘Hepatitis E-free meat is a pipe dream’
- Breeding programmes for more sustainable fish farming Personal professor of Breedings and Genetics Hans Komen wants to make aquaculture – fish farming using cages, ponds or closed systems – more efficient and sustainable with the help...
- Piglets from group pen grow better Piglets that have lived with their mothers in group nursery pens eat and grow better later on and are less likely to bite other pigs’ tails. However, piglet deaths are slightly hig...
- Conjoined twin harbour porpoises found in North Sea Fishermen caught a two-headed harbour porpoise in the North Sea. A unique specimen, says marine researcher Mardik Leopold.
- ‘Video recordings of slaughter definitely help’ All Dutch abattoirs are to be fitted with cameras so that the Netherlands Food and Consumer Safety Authority (NVWA) can monitor animal welfare. This has been agreed between State S...